Free public event at Brighton Secondary College
What: Climate Change: Risks and Opportunities
When: 7:30 to 9:00pm Wednesday 15 October
Where: Brighton Secondary College
Where: 120 Marriage Rd, Brighton East (Mel 76K1)
RSVP: Eventbrite (free ticket)
Cost: Gold coin donation at the door.
Contact: Tim Forcey – 0419 019 864
Media: Flyer (Double Sided A4), Media Release, Media: Poster (Single Sided A4)
The Bayside Climate Change Action Group and Brighton Secondary College are pleased to present an evening of presentations and Q&A on the topic of “Climate Change: Risks and Opportunities”.
Local residents will have the opportunity to:
● see how climate change is impacting our Earth today and what changes are to come
● find out what is happening in our local community as people grasp this challenge
● to learn what governments are or aren’t doing
● to judge if climate change will be a key concern in the upcoming Victorian election.
|Rob Gell||David Karoly||Kirsty Albion||Jennifer
● Rob Gell, Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and former TV presenter
● David Karoly, University of Melbourne climate scientist and Nobel laureate
● Kirsty Albion, Director – Australian Youth Climate Coalition (Video)
● Jennifer Lauber Patterson, Chair – Yarra Energy / MD – Frontier Carbon
Global Day of Climate Action – 11 am Sunday 21 September at the State Library
On Sunday 21st September, thousands of people are going to flood the streets of Melbourne to call for action on climate change. It is up to us, as the first country to launch the historic event, to put on a spectacular show of support. Melbourne is one of seven focus cities of the biggest climate mobilisation in history — we’ll be joining people marching in 100 countries across the world! And it’s just two days before world leaders hold an urgent UN climate summit. Our numbers on the streets could influence their ambitions. It is going to be massive, will you join in?
The march starts at 11.00am at The State Library and finishes at Treasury Gardens. If you would like to join other BCCAG supporters, we will be on the Sandringham train leaving North Brighton station at 10.20 am – in the front carriage. . . . READ MORE.
Monthly Meeting – Guest Speaker – Jenny Warfe (Blue Wedges) – 30/9/2014
Jenny from the conservation organisation Blue Wedges will speak about campaign lessons learned from Port Phillip Bay and where to for Westernport and the Port of Hastings development, particularly with regard to the environmental and social impacts of the shipping industry.
7.30 pm Tuesday 30 September (LEAFLET)
Sandringham Uniting Church Hall, 21 Trentham St, Sandringham