Free public event at Brighton Secondary College
What: Climate Change: Risks and Opportunities
When: 7:30 to 9:00pm Wednesday 15 October
Where: Brighton Secondary College
Where: 120 Marriage Road, Brighton East
RSVP: Eventbrite (free ticket)
Cost: Gold coin donation appreciated.
Contact: Tim Forcey – 0419 019 864
The Bayside Climate Change Action Group and Brighton Secondary College are pleased to present an evening of presentations and Q&A on the topic of “Climate Change: Risks and Opportunities”.
Local residents will have the opportunity to:
● see how climate change is impacting our Earth today and what changes are to come
● find out what is happening in our local community as people grasp this challenge
● to learn what governments are or aren’t doing
● to judge if climate change will be a key concern in the upcoming Victorian election.
|Rob Gell||David Karoly||Kirsty Albion||Jennifer
● Rob Gell, Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and former TV presenter
● David Karoly, University of Melbourne climate scientist and Nobel laureate
● Kirsty Albion, Director – Australian Youth Climate Coalition (Video)
● Jennifer Lauber Patterson, Chair – Yarra Energy / MD – Frontier Carbon
Monthly Meeting – Guest Speaker – Jenny Warfe (Blue Wedges) – 30/9/2014
Jenny from the conservation organisation Blue Wedges will speak about campaign lessons learned from Port Phillip Bay and where to for Westernport and the Port of Hastings development, particularly with regard to the environmental and social impacts of the shipping industry.
7.30 pm Tuesday 30 September (LEAFLET)
Sandringham Uniting Church Hall, 21 Trentham St, Sandringham